Privacy & Cookies
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to let you know how we collect, use, share, transfer and otherwise process information about you.
WHO ARE WE?
Company: South West Shipping Worldwide LTD
Address: 37 Fore Street Sidmouth Devon EX10 8AQ
Data Protection Officer: Wendy Black Data Protection Manager
Contact email: Wendy@SouthWestShipping.Com
We are committed to protecting your personal information, otherwise known as data, to maintain your trust and confidence in us. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and we are a Data Controller. We will process and store personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Personal data is any information that relates to a natural living person who can be identified from the data. Personal data may also include special category data (previously known as sensitive personal data) which relates to you, this may include the following:
- Ethnic origin
- Trade union membership
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
- Health data
- Sexual orientation
We will inform you what category of data we are collecting or that we obtain from any third party concerning you.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY DO WE PROCESS IT?
For us to provide the services to you we need to collect certain personal data.
We collect the following information and Process it for the following reasons:
- Your name, Your contact information; email addresses and/or telephone number
- Address Nature of business
- Contract relevant information (such as additional site information and staff information)
- Credit check and Payment details where applicable
- Delivery and site addresses
- Invoice address
- Company Registration Number
- Company VAT / EORI / Deferment Number
- Bank Details for payment purposes
- Sort Code, Account Number, Account Name, I Ban
We are intent on collecting only the information that is appropriate for the purpose and does not invade your privacy. Where we need to contact you for marketing purposes we will seek additional consent.
WHAT IS THE LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA?
In certain circumstances we will require consent to process both personal data and special category data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting South West Shipping Worldwide Data Protection Officer. @Wendy@southwestshipping.com
- To respond to your request
- To provide contracted services
- For Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products/services
HOW WILL WE USE THAT DATA THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We will process the information you provide to us in a manner which is compatible with the EU’s GDPR. We will use all reasonable efforts to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Specifically, we use your data for:
To respond to your request for Freight Forwarding and Logistic services contracted by you.
We’ll only share your data with third parties as part of our standard business processes, such as, giving your business address to a courier so they can make a delivery, giving your phone number to a supplier so they can arrange a replacement.
Completing contracted services.
DO WE SHARE THAT DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will not share your data with third parties without your consent. We will not sell or share your information to third parties. We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, subcontractors and other associated parties for the purposes of completing tasks on our behalf. When we use third party providers, we disclose only the information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
the relevant third-party partner will use your information to carry out their contractual obligations
We use secure Cloud based CRMs and accounts system for managing our Customer details and service records.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes of the processing. We keep some data for the length of time determined by statue and other data is kept in accordance with recommended guidelines by the relevant authority.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE AS A DATA SUBJECT?
As an Individual you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the GDPR.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access – you have a right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to correct the data that we hold about you that is incomplete or inaccurate.
- The right to erasure – under certain circumstances you can ask us to delete data that we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing – you can ask us to restrict the processing under certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that we transfer information about you to another organisation.
- The right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
In order to exercise your rights, you need to contact us and we will send you a subject access request form.
CAN I WITHDRAW CONSENT?
Yes, you can withdraw consent at any time. Please contact the Data Protection representative as above to request a withdrawal of consent.
HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT DATA IS BEING HELD ABOUT ME?
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, or you have a complaint please contact us at the email address above. There is no charge for this service.
You need to submit a Subject Access Request to us and we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the relevant information, including the following:
- The identity and contact details of the person or organisation that is processing your personal data.
- The contact details of our Data Protection Officer or Manager, where appropriate, or the company’s representative.
- The reason and the legal basis for the processing.
- Whether the processing is based on legitimate interest.
- The categories and special categories of data.
- How long the data will be stored for.
- Whether the provision of the personal data is a contractual requirement or a statutory one and whether and what the consequences are if the individual fails to provide the relevant data.
- Any details of automated decision making, such as profiling and any relevant information about the logic involved in the decision-making process, including the significance and expected consequences of the processing.
WHO DO I COMPLAIN TO IF I’M NOT HAPPY?
If you wish to complain about how your personal data is being processed by us or any third party that processes data on our behalf, or how your complaint has been handled by us, you can complain by contacting us on the details above or direct to the supervisory authority:
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
DOCUMENT CONTROL AND CHANGE HISTORY
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit our website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience.
By using our site, you consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. We uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised.
For a video about cookies visit http://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/.
Can I turn off cookies?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive. This is the method for the most popular browsers;
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.